1. I’m 5’0” tall, but act like I’m 6’3”! There are MANY things that are outside of our control, but you can ALWAYS decide what you do with them ;-). (A little confidence goes a long way…)
2. My hair started going gray when I was 14! Because of that, it has been dyed at least 8 different colors. Finally, I decided to embrace the wisdom!
3. I have a Masters Degree in English literature. I guess you could say I took my obsession with books to the next level!
4. Marcy is actually my nickname! My given name is Martha, as in Martha Washington or Martha Stewart. . . Enough said!
5. I became a mom at 13! Not really. . . but my baby sister is 13 years younger than me, so I started ACTING like a mom when I was 13 (Sorry, Eny!).
6. I’m the 3rd of 5 children! So, my journey to understanding communication and confidence began REALLY early!
7. My father was diagnosed with a terminal disease when I was 13. (I guess a lot happened that year). I definitely learned the importance of self-leadership and building strong teams during that time.
8. I can often be seen talking to myself. After all, the first and most important form of leadership IS self-leadership, LOL.
9. I got my first teaching job when I was 21. Some of my students were only 3 years younger than me!
10. I believe speaking and leadership are two sides of the same coin! You can't be truly effective at one without working on the other. Fortunately, BOTH are skills that can be learned!
11. That’s why I’m here -- to help you BE the leader you were created to be and to help turn your message into the most important part of your legacy!
Are you ready for this journey? Click here!